Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Potty Training

I hate potty training.  I would rather change dirty, smelly diapers than have to spend an hour putting my kid to bed for her nap.  Both because Pancake gets a mini marshmallow every time she uses the potty and because she doesn't want to lay down and sleep she continually gets out of her bed claiming she has to poop.  Twice now I have gone upstairs, taken off her diaper and pulled down her pants just to have her sit there -- maybe a tiny stream of pee makes its way to the plastic bowl -- without so much as a fart. 

She has bunk beds in her room, and I put her to bed in the bottom bunk twice a day (nap and night time) and twice a day she gets up and either claims she has to use the potty or wanders around the second floor looking for Doodle's toys to play with while he's at school.  Then she sleeps in the Pack 'n Play in the corner of her room, twice a day.

Her room really isn't big enough for the portable crib and the bunk beds, but I refuse to lay with her every night until she falls asleep, so Pack 'n Play it is.

On a positive note, she is doing quite well at using the potty.  She even went to a store bathroom when we were out this morning.  I hope it's just the novelty of going in a potty that is making her want to go so often and that it will pass. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home